Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Taste of Life In Liberia

My book, which, like a pregnant woman I am still in labor with, will definitely be born this year. But while I am pouring through my experiences and better shaping my book,I wanted to share some of the stories that I just can't contain in Sweet Liberia, Lessons from the Coalpot. During July, August and September I'll be publishing some of those experiences in this blog.

Those experiences enriched my family's experiences in Liberia. I hope you enjoy reading them and also that, if you've been to Africa or to any place where you've had some interesting experiences, you'll be inspired to send me a post.

Not a good writer?
No worries, I just want to hear from you!
Never been out of America? Trust me, you don't have to leave America to have interesting experiences. In fact I live on the far south side of Chicago and yesterday morning I heard a loud BOOM, ran to the front door, looked a few houses down the street and there was a military grade tank on my street with a team of men in combat gear carrying assault rifles. But that's another story. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!

5 comments:

dennyd said...

I really want to know about those tanks in the street, strange but again maybe not. I live on the South East side of Chicago, moving from the far South side of Chicago. Boy oh boy, I have never been to Liberia. keep writing, very interesting

Ahnydah said...

The tank, I'm guessing was some Fed action-aka SWAT. I've never seen a time when crime in some neighborhoods is out of control.

Curtis 24thRCT-President said...

Following a four years tour of duty 1950/54 (one in Korea, 1950/51 and
2 ½ in Japan) with the U.S. Army Paratroopers,
my quest for self discovery led me to Dr. Kwame Nkrumah's Ghana. I answered his call for African-American veterans to help in training African Freedom Fighters and to take part of his nation building programs throughout Africa. I CAN TRULY SAY, I WAS BORN AGAIN. My book titled: MY SANKOFA concentrates on those eleven years (1965 to 1976) of living, working and traveling throughout Ghana, Togo and the Ivory Coast. I am thinking it might aid you in writing yours, if you haven't done so by now.

I am also author of a Korean War Memoir; WHAT'S A COMMIE EVER DONE TO BLACK PEOPLE? A history of the U. S. Army's last all Black Combat Unit, the 24th Infantry Regiment Combat Team, formerly known as BUFFALO-SOLDIERS, which was deactivated September 1, 1951 after the regiment’s 83 years of honorable service...
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/moatiapaa

http://mysankofa.shutterbugstorefront.com/g/

Sincerely

Curtis Morrow aka Kojo-Achampong.

yanmaneee said...

nike air force 1
nike air max
nike air max
balenciaga shoes
off white shoes
kyrie 5 spongebob
yeezy boost 350 v2
yeezy 700
goyard bags
yeezy boost

Anonymous said...

off-white
air jordan
goyard
golden goose sneakers
stephen curry shoes
bape hoodie
Golden Goose
kd 14
yeezy gap
supreme hoodie